Yesterday was Easter 2015. I have been thinking a lot about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and what it means to me. These events in history have accomplished so much in my life today and for all eternity. Here are just a few thoughts:
1. I am loved.
· Rom.5. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
2. I am valued.
· 1 Peter 1.18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
3. I am saved.
· Eph.2.8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.
4. I am forgiven.
· Eph.1. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
5. I am free.
· Rom. 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
6. I am empowered.
· Col.1.11 - being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
7. I belong.
· Rom. 14:8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
8. I am accepted.
· Eph. 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he has made us accepted in the beloved.
9. I am righteous.
· 2 Cor. 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
10. I am gifted.
· Eph. 4:7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. This is why it says: “When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.”
11. I am called.
· 2 Tim.1:9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
12. I am indwelt.
· Rom. 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
13. I am not my own. I was bought at a price.
· 1 Cor.6.19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
14. He died for me. I live for him.
· 2 Cor.5.14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
15. I am redeemed.
· Gal. 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.” 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
16. I am reconciled.
· Col. 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—
17. I am alive.
· Eph.2. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
18. I have hope.
· Eph. 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
19. I am not alone.
· Phil. 4:9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
20. I am not an orphan.
· John.14.16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
21. I have a Father.
· Matt. 6:9 - “This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
22. I have a Helper.
· Heb.13.5…God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
23.I have a family.
· Eph. 3:14 - For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.
24. I have a good work to do.
· Eph.2.10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
25. I have purpose and meaning.
· 2 Tim. 2:20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21 If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.