As I listened to their words about him, I wondered about words about me? What would be said of me in the end? What would people remember or say of me after I depart from the earth?
I am not sure but these are words that I hope would be said...
- He loved God his Father, Jesus his Savior and the Holy Spirit his Comforter and Counselor.
- He loved God's Word...it was his daily delight and mediation.
- He was crazy about his wife, Debbie. He sought to love her as Christ loves the church.
- He never stopped thinking about and praying for the next generation of Woodalls and Tichys.
- He loved God's family, the Church. He was passionate about his work as a Pastor.
- He loved developing men and marriages.
- He definitely lived a life on purpose and sometimes in balance.
So...if these are words that I hope will be said of me in the end, what am I doing to make sure these things are happening now?
What do you hope will be said of you in the end?
Are you making decisions now to assure this?