Prov.31.10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
Wow. What a way to end a month of reading Proverbs. To read of all the qualities of a wife of noble character. I love it.
So...I hope you enjoyed your days in Proverbs.
Do you feel you have grown in wisdom & understanding?
What will you read in August? I will spend some time in 1,2,3 John.
1. Read for depth and not distance.
2. Have a notebook or journal to jot down ideas and observations from the Scriptures.
3. Just try to get a "word for the day".
4. Put it into some "power phrase".
5. Carry it with you on a 3x5 card or "Table of Contents" in your journal.
6. Review and remember through out the day.
7. Summarize the week in a "Weekly Focus" time.
So I close with the words with which we started from Prov. 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: 2 for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; 3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; 4 for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young—
I guarantee that these few practices/habits/disciplines will increase our wisdom, discipline, understanding, prudence, knowledge and discretion little by little over time.