When I read this chapter, I can't help but write: I want to be a righteous man who lives and walks in the way of righteousness.
1. 11:4 Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
2. 11:5 The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them
3. 11:6 The righteousness of the upright delivers them, but the unfaithful are trapped by evil desires.
4. 11:8 The righteous man is rescued from trouble
5. 11:9 With his mouth the godless destroys his neighbor, but through knowledge the righteous escape.
6. 11:10 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy.
7. 11:18 The wicked man earns deceptive wages, but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.
8. 11:19 The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death.
9. 11:21 Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished, but those who are righteous will go free.
10. 11:23 The desire of the righteous ends only in good, but the hope of the wicked only in wrath.
11. 11:28 Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.
12. 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.
13. 11:31 If the righteous receive their due on earth, how much more the ungodly and the sinner!
I just love how the Lord and His word lift our thoughts, desires and lives to higher, holy ground...and I am aware that I am already righteous through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. I also know that HE is the only ONE who can live this righteous life in and through me. What hope. What promise. What a LIFE.