"There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."
This is such powerful instruction. I want to be a man who hates what the Lord hates and loves what He loves.
1. Haughty Eyes -(Proud and disdainful; having a high opinion of one's self, with some contempt for others; lofty and arrogant) O I have seen haughty/proud eyes. The Lord hates and resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. I want to walk in humility and not have haughty eyes.
2. Lying Tongue - It is so important to tell the truth even to our own hurt.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood. That one is fairly obvious.
4. Heart that devises wicked schemes - This is still amazing to me. The falleness of man to devise wicked plans.
5. Feet quick into evil - I want feet that flee from evil and run quickly to God.
6. A false witness - I have seen and experienced this against me in my life and it was very painful.
7. A man who stirs up dissension - I have done this and have had it done to me. I want no part of it going forward.
These are 7 things that are detestable to God. Are they detestable to you and me? What do you hate? And what and who do you love?