1Pet. 5:2 Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
This is such a great passage of Scripture to me and for me. It caused me to do some serious reflection on the following questions.
1. Do I see myself as a shepherd?
2. Do I see my team, leaders and members as God's flock?
3. Do I see them under my care?
4. Am I serving as an overseer?
5. Do I do this willingly or out of "duty"?
6. Am I in this for the money?
7. Am I eager to serve?
8. Am I lording over God's flock?
9. Am I being an example/model to follow?
10. Do I believe I will receive the crown of glory when Jesus returns?
I love the instruction from these 3 verses. They cause me to be a better servant, shepherd and overseer of God's flock. What an honor and privilege.