Today I read 1 Peter 3:15, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have..."
I got to thinking about HOPE. Why am I so hope-full? What is the source of my hope? Why don't I think or feel "hope-less"?
HOPE is defined as:
1. A desire of some good, accompanied with at least a slight expectation of obtaining it, or a belief that it is obtainable. Hope differs from wish and desire in this, that it implies some expectation of obtaining the good desired, or the possibility of possessing it. Hope therefore always gives pleasure or joy; whereas wish and desire may produce or be accompanied with pain and anxiety.
2. Confidence in a future event; the highest degree of well founded expectation of good; as a hope founded on God's gracious promises; a scriptural sense. A well founded scriptural hope,is, in our religion, the source of ineffable happiness.
So, I began to search the Scriptures and see the reason for my HOPE.
Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
1. I believe in God who is the God of hope. Rom. 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ in me, the hope of glory. Col. 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
3. I believe in the glorious return of Christ. Titus 2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
4. I believe in the encouragement of the Scriptures. Rom. 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5. I believe in the hope of heaven. Col. 1:5 the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven...
6. I believe in the hope of eternal life. Titus 1:2 a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.
Just some of the reasons I am full of HOPE.
You? Are you hopeful or hopeless? Consider the above truths.