I recently heard a speaker talk about "Core Beliefs of the Christian Faith" versus "Fringe Beliefs. The following would be a partial list of what I believe.
1. The inspiration and infallibility of Scripture: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God” (II Timothy 3:16).
2. The deity and humanity of Christ: “The Word [Jesus] was with God, and the Word was God. … And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us” (John 1:1–14).
3. The virgin birth of Christ: The angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 1:20). This fulfilled Isaiah’s prophecy: “A virgin shall conceive, and bear a son” (Isaiah 7:14).
4. The resurrection of Christ: “If Christ be not risen, then is our preaching in vain, and your faith is also vain” (I Corinthians 15:14). (S
5. The sinfulness of man: “As by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12).
6. The salvation of man through faith in Christ alone: “By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8–9).
7. The imminent return of Christ: “The Lord himself shall descend from heaven … Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (I Thessalonians 4:16–17).
What are your "Core Beliefs"?