John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.
I could not help but think about this truth of PROTECTION. I was captured by, "protect them by the power of your name-the name you gave me. I started thinking about the protection of the Lord and came across these ideas and verses.
I am protected by:
1. The Lord - 2Th. 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
Psa. 12:7 O LORD, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever.
Psa. 20:1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
2. Discretion - Prov. 2:11 Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.
3. Integrity and Uprightness - Psa. 25:21 May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.
4. The Holy Spirit - John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
5. Angels - Heb. 1:14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
As I thought of the Lord and His great protection, I prayed for protection for me, my wife, my children, my teammates and all the leaders and members of our church.
Are you experiencing and enjoying the protection of the Lord?
Let's keep praying for it and our loved ones.