I was off today. After a very hard phone call with some member in our church who is really struggling, I thought a lot about how deeply and richly blessed I am of God. In my typical fashion I started numbering and putting them in chronological order. I didn't try to do this but these thoughts just kept coming to my mind.
1. I was thought of before I was born. Jer.1.5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...that is such a cool thought to me. It blesses me with a sense of value.
2. I was formed and fashioned by God in my mother's womb. Psalm 139.15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
3. 1954 - I am the 2nd born son of Oscar and Dorothy Woodall born in Miami, FL. Acts 17.26 From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
4. I have two amazing sisters who love God and are walking with Christ and have married really good men.
5. 1954-1965 - I lived in Miami, FL and had a great childhood of swimming, playing little league and back yard football.
6. 1965-1972 - I lived in London, England for 7 years and traveled the world.
7. 1968 - I became a Christian through Bud Hinkson of Campus Crusade for Christ.
8. 1968-1972 - I sought to walk with God in high school at the American School in London.
9. 1972-1976 - I attended Florida Bible College and got a good education and foundation in the Bible.
10. 1973 - I believe I was "called to ministry" when I heard that only two things last forever...the Word of God and people.
11. 1975 - I met and married the wife of my youth, Debbie Farthing.
12. 1976-1979 - Graduated and went on my first assignment to Reston Bible Church.
13. 1977 - Blessed with our first born son, David, on 7.7.77.
14. 1978 - Blessed with our second born son, Michael, on 8.18.78.
15. 1979-1980 - Moved to Portland, OR for seminary at Western Seminary.
16. 1979 - Blessed with our third born daughter, Rebekah, on 11.28.79
17. 1980 - Challenged to delight in and meditate on God's Word day and night...HIS FRUIT. HIS TIME.
18. 1981 - Blessed with our fourth born son, Stephen, on 10.10.81.
19. 1980-1985 - Many lessons learned selling ERA real estate franchises and Reedy Carpets.
20. 1985 - 1992 - Invited to pastor Circle Church. Started thinking about the mission and purposes of the church.
21. 1992 - 2001 - Years of brokenness and prodigals and the wilderness.
22. 1996 - Started Training Faithful Men at RBC and my personal mission statement.
23. 1997 - Met and counseled and healed with Denise Hirschlein.
24. 2001-2008 - Invited to North Point...an incredible church and ministry.
25. 2003 - David and Danae married on 12.13.2003 in Marco Island, FL.
26. 2004 - Invited to start mentoring 8 staff guys and turned 50 on 04.04.04.
27. 2005 - Stephen and Leann are married on 06.25.05 in Atlanta, GA.
26. 2005 - Built Carington Way for our 30th anniversary.
27. 2006 - Mike and Priscilla married on 09.02.06 in San Diego, CA.
28. 2007 - Andrej and Bekah married on 10.13.07 in a Castle in Slovakia.
29. 2008 - Enjoying intimacy with Christ and Debbie like never before.
30. 2008 - Enjoying great relationships with our 8 kids and looking forward to two grandbabies in July and October.
31. 2008 - Enjoying a great place of honor and influence and relationships.
32. 2008 - Little by little wisdom and wealth have increased.
33. 2008 - On 06.21.08 we will celebrate our 33rd anniversary...
...and I ask myself, am I not a ridiculously blessed man? Somebody please pinch me.
Only by the grace and kindness and goodness of our God.
What about you? Have you taken the time to count your blessings from God? It will do wonders for your soul.