Recently a friend posed this question to me. I was surprised at how long it took me to answer this simple question. I'm sure it did not help having a severe cold when he asked me. As I thought about it further, my mind drifted to the following things:
1. I am excited about having grandchildren. I am excited for the next generation of Woodalls to come along this July.
2. I am excited about getting to know my heavenly Father, my Savior, Jesus and my Counselor, the Holy Spirit better.
3. I am excited about growing in wisdom, knowledge, understanding, discernment and judgment this year.
4. I am excited about building a deeper and richer marriage with Debbie.
5. I am excited for all 4 of our children and their spouses to find their way.
6. I am excited about a very good work to do at North Point Ministries...leading people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through creating predictable, small group environments where people experience authentic community and spiritual growth.
7. I am excited to take a mission trip to Macedonia and lead a marriage conference.
8. I am excited about mentoring 8 men to live life on purpose in balance.
9. I am excited about doing life with 5 other couples in our Community Group.
10. I am excited about writing "J Dub's Pubs" and lessons learned over the last 50 years.
11. I am excited about being totally dependent and restfully available to the Lord for wherever He leads and invites me.
These are some of the things that excite me in 2008. You?
What are you excited about in 2008?