I am reading a book by Ken Boa called, " Conformed to His Image." In one section of the book he describes what it takes to finish well. I was very intrigued by his list.
1. Intimacy with Christ.
2. Fidelity (Faithfulness) in the "Spiritual Disciplines."
3. A biblical perspective on the circumstances of life.
4. A teachable, responsive, humble and obedient spirit.
5. A clear sense of personal purpose and calling.
6. Healthy relationships with "resourceful" people.
7. Ongoing ministry investment in the lives of other.
After I read this list I asked Debbie to rate me on a scale of 1-10 for each quality. It was a very enjoyable conversation.
What about you? How are you doing in these areas to indeed "Finish Well"?