Yesterday, 01.06.08, I had the pleasure of listening to Jeff Henderson invite Buckhead Church to a simple practice of regular Bible reading. He reminded us that God desires to communicate with His people but the question is, "Am I listening?" Who will I listen to the most in 2008? I like the simple "system" he described.
1. Pick a small passage of Scripture.
2. Read for depth and not distance.
3. Pray and ask God to speak to me from His Word.
4. Try to put what stands out in a "power phrase"
5. Record it and think about it through the day.
I like the simplicity of this plan. I believe as we delight in and meditate on God's Word day and night that it will reap great reward and benefit in our minds, our lives, our marriages, our families and our work. You? Who will you listen to the most in 2008?