Heb. 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those who eat them.
This is such a good phrase…It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace. Our hearts indeed need to be strengthened every day. Our hearts can be strong or weak.
There are several factors that can strengthen my heart
1. We are strengthened by the Lord Himself… Is. 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
2. We are strengthened by the Word… Psa. 119:28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
3. We can be strengthened by angels… Luke 22:43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him.
4. We are strengthened by the Holy Spirit… Acts 9:31 Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord… Eph. 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
5. We are strengthened by other’s prayers… Col.1.10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully
6. We are strengthened by grace… 2 Tim. 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
7. We are strengthened by other people… Deut. 3:28 But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.”…1Th. 3:2 We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God’s fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith,
I am so grateful to God for all the things he does to strengthen my heart every day on the earth. This life is so full of challenging things that can cause my heart to grow weak and weary. How good to be strengthened by the Lord and His Grace.
Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might today.