Heb. 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Praise. This is such a big theme in Scripture. In Psalms alone the word is used 169 times.
Psa. 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.
Psa. 8:2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
Psa. 9:1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. 2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psa. 18:46 The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
This is not an easy thing to do. Especially continually…yet praise is such an important part of life. Often people try to praise God on their own. It can only be fully and adequately and continually done through Jesus.
As I thought about this, I thought…
1. He is the Lord and Creator of all things. Continually praise God for His creation…the sun, the moon, the stars…all things through Jesus.
2. Through Jesus, my father and mother were saved and walked in the ways of the Lord.
3. Through Jesus I was sovereignly placed in my family and made a 2nd born male.
4. Through Jesus I was saved in 1968 and so were my sisters
5. Through Jesus He gave me His Word on which I have built my entire life for the last 39 years.
6. Through Jesus He gave me His Holy Spirit to help me, to comfort me, to teach me, to remind me, to lead me and to be my Counselor.
7. Through Jesus He is making intercession for me before my heavenly Father
8. Through Jesus He is making a family in heaven and on earth of which I am a part.
9. Through Jesus He led me to a Bible College where I met my sweet heart and life long lover, companion and helper.
10. Through Jesus He gave me 4 awesome children and now 4 awesome daughters and son in law.
11. Through Jesus He led me all the way…through good times and hard times…to humble me, to test me and to know what was in my heart.
12. Through Jesus He has given me a good work to do as a servant, a minister, a pastor, an exhorter, a mentor and developer of men.
13. Through Jesus He is healing and changing me little by little, day by day
14. Through Jesus He will take me home when all of my ordained days on the earth are through
15. Through Jesus He will judge the quick and the dead at His coming and appearing the 2nd time.
No wonder we are instructed to continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God through Jesus…all things are from Him, by Him and for Him.