Psa. 1:1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
OK...so you have started with delighting in and meditating on God’s Word day and night… “Meditation 101”
1. Pick a time and place
2. Get a notebook/journal
3. Write out thoughts or feelings or a morning prayer
4. Pick a small book to start…Ephesians, Philippians, or James
5. Read for depth and not distance. Read and re-read small paragraphs.
6. Note words and phrases and truths that stand out
7. Put in a “Power Phrase”
8. Write on 3x5 card and carry with you to review through the day and week
The next stage is Meditation 201 – Weekly Focus
1. Have a time for a “Weekly Focus”.
o I have mine every Sunday morning before church.
o Use it to review this past week and plan for this upcoming week
2. Review the truths that God has taught you. For me, it has been...
o 7/29 – The God of PEACE. Heb.13.20
o 7/30 – Equipped with everything good. Heb.13.21
o 8/1 – John, a servant of God and Jesus Christ. James 1.1
o 8/2 – Consider it pure joy. 1.2-4
o 8/3 – Ask God for Wisdom. 1.5-8
o 8/4 – Rich men fade away like wild flowers. 1.9-11
3. How did I do in all areas of my life?
MY LIFE – My Spirit, Soul and Body
• Spiritually? How was my time with God? Am I growing?
• Mentally? Did I renew my mind?
• Volitionally? What choices did I make? For life or death?
• Emotionally? Am I letting the fruit of the Spirit rule my life? Love, joy, peace, patience, etc?
• Physically? How is my diet and exercise?
MY MARRIAGE – Intimacy and Finances
• Am I one with Debbie in our spirits, souls and bodies?
• Financially? Am I stewarding the resources God gave me?
• Am I fulfilling my role as a father, son, brother and uncle?
• Am I doing my work as unto the Lord?
• Am I achieving mission/vision and objectives?
• Am I “choosing to cheat?”
• Am I using my gifts to build up the body of Christ?
4. What are your plans in all areas for this upcoming week?
o Have you planned a 24 hour Sabbath rest?
o What are the top 1,2 or 3 things you hope to accomplish this upcoming week in all areas of LIFE, MARRIAGE, FAMILY, WORK AND CHURCH?
5. Use the 7-day/21-block “Time Block” system
• The very first thing I plan is my 24-hour Sabbath. Try to find 3 connected blocks with nothing to do but your Sabbath Rest…whatever you need to do to recharge your battery.
• Whenever you have to fill a block with an appointment that you did not make, you must count it out.
• I also use this system to balance my nights out and my nights at home
6. As you look at your week ahead, what are the Top 1-3 things that you would want to accomplish in your:
7. I am convinced that as people take time for daily and weekly reflections and planning, our lives will be more centered on Jesus, more PURPOSE FULL, more BALANCED and more peace FILLED.