Heb. 13:11 The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the camp. 12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.
I have been captured by this thought that Jesus suffered to make me holy through His own blood. This is almost overwhelming. To realize what Jesus did to make me holy…beyond comprehension. All I can do is praise and thank Him for my eternal salvation.
Jesus suffered to make me holy. What do I do? How far do I go to continue to walk in the holiness that He provided? Do I give in to sin and the lusts of the flesh easily or quickly? Or do I suffer as well to live in the holiness that was purchased for me?
Jesus suffered. He suffered many things in doing the will of His Father in heaven and out of love for me. Wow! Am I willing to suffer in this life as well?
Jesus suffered…1 Peter 2.21-25 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 22 “He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” 23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
Phil. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death— even death on a cross!
Suffering is so much a part of this life…(Once again this is a little hard for me to write from my screened porch next to my pool on Carington Way in Cumming GA. This always challenges me.)
But there is great suffering…brokenness in hearts, marriages, families, abuse, hatred, evil, persecution, murder, envy, jealousy, sickness, disease, famine, death…sorrows and suffering on the earth
1. Suffering produces perseverance - Rom. 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
2. There can be joy by the Holy Spirit in the midst of suffering - 1Th. 1:6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.
3. There will be suffering in the kingdom of God - 2Th. 1:5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
4. Suffering is endured by the power of God - 2Tim. 1:8 So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God,
5. There is a fellowship in suffering - Phil. 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
I am so grateful to God and Jesus for suffering for my sin and me in order to make me holy. I want to live and walk in His holiness and do all the will of Him who died and rose again and is making intercession for me today.
I’m forever grateful.