Heb. 13:6 So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Confidence. What a great word. A great thought. A great feeling.
From confidere…to have full trust.
1. The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something…firm trust.
2. Or a feeling of self-assurance rising from one’s appreciation from one’s own abilities or qualities
Confidence. My early memories of confidence probably came in the world of sports…specifically basketball. As my skills increased, so did my confidence. I was not very confident in academics or things like that. I did not have a very great or wide interest.
Confidence. I love this thought from Scripture. It shows up in so many cool places.
1. Psa. 71:5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.
2. Prov. 3:26 for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.
3. Is. 32:17 The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
4. Jer. 17:7 “But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
5. Eph. 3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
6. Phil. 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—
7. Heb. 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
8. Heb. 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,