Andy's message from yesterday is a must hear...link and notes below from 3/18/07
My heart was beating out of my chest the whole time I was listening.
Playing God Part 1 :: Intoxicating :: Andy Stanley
You have power. As a sister, husband, mother, manager, captain, board member, or friend, you wield power in someone's life. And the way you use that power is a reflection of who you see as the source of that power. We'll examine where all power comes from and the impact that this should have on the way we use it.
1. When have you seen power used for good?
2. When have you seen power abused?
3. Read John 19:8-11. Where has God loaned you power?
4. Since power is on loan to us, it is temporary in its nature. When have you seen power removed or influence lost? When has this happened in your life?
5. We tend to leverage our power the same way that power was leveraged over us. How do you find that this is true in your life?
6. What are you doing with the power that God has loaned you?
THINK ABOUT IT
We will all have a measure of power during certain stages in our lives. Some examples of power include relational (as a parent, through marriage, brother of), monetary, political, social, organizational (manager, board member, owner), and positional? In which of these areas do you wield power?
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
What is something specific you can do this week to use the power you have been given for good?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above... John 19:11a